So week five started today with a 3M steady run during my lunch hour. A new ‘5K Club‘ set up for teachers and pupils in the school. Hopefully I can use my Asics 26.2 success to inspire others in school. Who knows. Only three of us went out today – turns out a lot of the pupils had not had the announcement. Never mind – will try again next week.
Some interesting things this week but before look at them here is my training schedule for Week 5:
WEEK FIVE w/c 13 Jan (approx 24M)
- Mon: Rest
- Tues: 5 M easy
- Wed: 4m of 1 m jog then 6 x 2 mins at 1-M pace, 2 min jog recoveries, 1 mile easy
- Thu: Circuit training
- Fri: 3M steady
- Sat: Rest
- Sun: 12M very easy
Notice that Monday is supposed to be a rest day but I’ve moved things around and I may take the rest day on Friday instead. I might just let it go and only have one rest day.
Now onto the interesting information. Sam (coach) has changed my pacing guidelines due to me being a little bit faster than originally thought. So here they are – the old paces are in brackets
- Very Easy: 11 – 11.45 (11.30-12.00)
- Easy: 10 – 11 (10.30-11.30)
- Steady: 9.20 – 9.50 (9.50-10.30)
- Threshold pace: 9.00 – 9.15 (9.35-9.50)
- Speedwork: 7.30 – 8.30 (8-9 min mile)
- Current HMP: 10.14 – no change
- Current 10k pace: 9.34 – no change
- Current 5km pace: 8.36 (9.06)
- Current 1 mile pace: 7.42 (8.09)
So if you are following my plan then you could update your pace as I am going to do from tomorrow.