Week 3 Review:
Cracking week of running as I managed my first full week of training without illness or injury. Also managed to get through a long run despite the legs aching from Tuesday and Thursday. The only down side was yesterday (Sunday) – maybe it was too soon after the long run, but my legs were like iron. Running on an uneven rugby pitch didn’t help and I hadn’t really eaten since lunch so live and learn (get some energy sweets).
Week 4 Training:
So onwards into week 4 and I’m not sure how the next fortnight will work as I’m off on holidays. Here is the schedule:
WEEK 4 (Approx 23M)
- Monday – rest
- Tuesday – 4M : 1M easy then 8 x 200m (half of a track) close to mile pace (each rep around 58 seconds) – jog remaining 200m in 90 secods to recover between reps. 1M jog.
- Wednesday – Rest
- Thursday – 5M of 1Mile jog, them 3M at half marathon-pace (approx. 9:30min/mile) then 1M jog
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday – 11M very easy (10:40 – 11:40 min/mile)
- Sunday – 3M easy (grass or trail)
Sounds easy. The long run is an extra 2 miles compared to this week so I wonder how that will be.
I made the silly mistake of looking up the course. I’m not going to talk about it. Here is last years:
Things to do:
- Find and book accomodation